Thursday, April 14, 2005

Well, today has been at least moderately productive. I had a Religions test this afternoon, went to chapel in the evening, and sorted out getting an updated version of Norton Antivirus. It actually turned up a virus on the initial scan, so that was good. I had an I&M test yesterday which went pretty well. It's kinda hard for them to go any other way, beings as Dr. Kim doesn't change the tests much. As long as you can get a copy of the old test to study from. Anyway.
I called home the other day, found out that my younger brother picked up two 750 W speakers that someone in the neighborhood was getting rid of.... I hope that he still has his hearing when I get home. For that matter, I hope the neighbors have their hearing. Should be interesting.
John (my younger brother) also has his first AP exam coming up in May, and he seems a little nervous abot that. Writing is not one of his strongest points, so the essays probably scare him a little. I also found out that a friend of the family my Dad and I used to work with has been showing interest in church. He's been a couple of times, and my Dad's supposed to pick him up this coming week. So that's something to pray for.
The rat trap competition for Dynamics was this afternoon, which I fortunatly did not have to participate in. The course consisted of a 10 meter track with two curves and two 4x4's across the width of it. The poor saps that had to compete were given a rat trap and a 9 volt battery to power the machine, and had to make if down and back to exactly the original start position. And they had to fit within a one cubic foot volume constraint. And Dr. G. did not announce the position or radus of curvature for the track until a half hour before the competition. It was a pretty burly competion, and understandably no one made it. It was interesting to watch though. Seemed more like an EE project with all the sensors and electronics that one would have to use. Anyway. It's past my bed time. I think I'll show the exploding whale video to one of Dex's friends and go to bed. Be seeing you.