Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Ethylene Propylene-diene Terpolymer

I've been working on a paper for materials lately, picking out a polymer for use in a marine fender. Dr. Ayers wants us all to pick a polymer for some modern application and write a paper defending the choice. I was browsing the web looking for material and I came across a polymer with the harmless name of Gray EPDM that is used in marine applications. When I found out that, lo and behold, what EPDM really stands for Ethylene Propylene-diene Terpolymer I decided that it would be a less than gratifying experience to have that for a first name. Justy you try and spell that in the second grade. Anyway.
I've got a paper for World Religions due Friday, should prove to be an interesting experience. I chose voodoo in Haiti as my topic, so I'm interviewing my Dad and another friend from Haiti, Judy Muchmore, as my two primary sources. It should prove to be a fairly informative paper. All the time that I spent in Haiti, I never really learned much about that knid of stuff... didn't need to know. Well, life calls. Be seeing you