Friday, November 12, 2004

Whatever

I got my CS and Stat tests back.... both were pretty bloody. CS I got a 72, that's recoverable considering that I have Varnell. The extra credit in that class grows on trees. It's nice.... but I will still need alot of it. I'm doing pretty well on the programs thus far, so that should be a help. Plus there is that Codelab web exercise stuff. Stat on the other hand, God only knows. I got a 63, which is still passing, but far short of the A that I need. I had a high B at midterms, so maybe I am still within striking distance.
Took the Circuits test this morning, seemed a little too easy. Hope I did okay. Studying with Zerg, Mortimer, Fjord, and Fargo really seems to have help. Course I won't know until I get the test back. It should prove interesting. We haven't gotten our design reports back yet either, Dr Graff said that it took him five or so hours to grade the eight that he has done so far. I;m thinking that it will be a while untill I get mine back. Hope that I did well.

It's pretty pathetic when you think about it. I go to sleep at night knowing that I will miss breakfast because I overslept and wondering if how I will do on my design project. A thousand miles away in a thached hut there's probably a Haitian about my age who goes to sleep knowing that he won't eat breakfast because there is no food to eat and wondering if he will be able to find anything to eat all day. How shallow can we be? Sometimes I think that there is no justice. The irony of it is, it matters nothing in the final equation. The years that we spend on earth are not even an eyeblink in the scale of eternity. Our short lives here matter only so much as they serve to spread the Gospel. A mildly sobering thought, isn't it. Makes that circuits test seem awfully insignificant, doesn't it?
Then there's that passage about the servant who buried his talent. Wouldn't want to be in his shoes. Now that I think about it, maybe I have been apraoching that passage wrong. Maybe the servant's failure was not that he failed to generate a return on that which was given him by the master, but in his refusal to use what the master had given him to further his master's cause. Maybe it was because it he recognized that he had a master who would reap where he did not sow and the servant didn't want to put in work for someone else's benifit. An interesting thought. Well, it's almost three am and this little geek needs his beauty rest. (Did I tell mention that I installed Firefox the other day? I can almost feel my geek factor rising.) Be seeing you.