Thursday, November 25, 2004

Thanksgiving Break

In true nerd/geek/(what is a life anyway?) fashion, I have decided to stay in the dorms over Thanksgiving. I was going to go to Houston and stay with some friends from Haiti, but the three letter task master intervined. Jeramy invited Dex and I over for thanksgiving dinner, so that should be fun. I figure that if I blow off most of Thursday, put in an hour or so in the evening, and spend six hours a day studying on all the rest of the days, I should be okay. Have to figure out exactly what classes I need to work on yet, and what needs studying. I know that I am due for a Circuits test, a Physics test and a Statics test in the next week or so.... lots of fun. plus I am hoping to get a jump on studying for finals, as I need to do well on them this year.
In other news, my sister ran a PB on her PT test last week, a sixteen something two mile. Not bad for someone with an avulsion fracture in her ankle. She did 53 pushups and eightysome situps.... more than I can do. I'll have to be carefull not to mention that to her, I'd get no end to grief. She's ranked 5th senior nursing cadet in the nation too. Little brother is proud. Can't you tell? I shoud see her at Christmas, that will be nice.
John's doing pretty well too, considering. Of course one never really knows, but he seems to have adjusted well to the fact that he can't wrestle anymore (injured his neck last year during wrestling season). He's aiding for Mr. Leach, who has him setting up software to keep track of the stats. Looks like he will be a data entry monkey once the year starts. Maybe he will wind up managing this year if Andrew doesn't.
Wonder whatever happened to Sarah (manager my jr & sr years)? I think her brother still goes to DC, not sure though. Maybe if I can catch a wrestling meet over Christmas I'll run into her. It'd be nice to catch up. See how Dan (Sarah's older brother ) is doing. He was one of the more awesome wrestlers that our program produced in recent history... think he was in the Navy for a while, last I heard he was applying to be a cop. I knoe he used to show up sporatically at practices when he was home, wonder if he still does.
Anyway, I have more to write, but It really is 4:30 am and I need to be up by noon, so I will post later. Be seeing you.