Monday, November 15, 2004

On a Monday

Hard to believe that it is almost the end of the semester. Only two or three full weeks left. It will be nice to go home for a few weeks. Back where they have a real winter. None of this 50 degree east texas stuff. Maybe we'll get some snow. Couple of feet would be nice, maybe eight inches a couple of times. Not that it will happen, we're to close to the Atlantic to get that much snow this early. One can dream though.
Speaking of dreams, grades this semester are going to be ugly. Think that I might need to drop something. not sure yet. I had a D in Physics at midterms, for reasons that are beyond me. Best I can figure, Dr. Forringer didn't weigth the homework against the one test that was on the books and didn't average in the CAPA. I know I was missing three writtens, which came out to about 15 points. I've been to enough of the seminares now that I should have made that up. CAPA is still good, and my first test was pretty solid. Think that it was an A, might have been a high B. Then there was that second test. I came out with a 76, hopefully I can score strong on the next test and the final. Might be able to pull out an A in the class. Then there is Stat, which I had a high B in until this last test, which came out as a 63. I have to talk to Erickstad, see if there is anything that I can do to get some more credit. That and study like heck for this next test on Friday. If I can pull a strong A on it and do well on the final I might be okay. I'm not sure if I want to be relieved or worried about this upcoming test. I'm worried that I will bomb it, which would cement my position at the bottom of a very deep hole. On the other hand it gives me an opportunity to make up for the last test.
Got that Roman numeral program working for CS I. That was a relief. Got most of Lab Five done too, just have a couple of errors to debug. Maybe tommorow night. Programming is actually pretty fun, when I can get it to work. The frustrating part is that all you need to do is have one single charecter missing and you can get huge and horrendous error messages that ask you to cut off your head and cook it in your next pot of ramen. Depends on the charecter of coures, but when you can't follow the error message and the program won't compile.... yeah, it's a lot of fun.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info
» » »