Thursday, October 28, 2004

On Curves

Well, I took the Physics test this morning... suffice to say that I think I did a good job of protecting the curve. It was burliness. Quite unlike what we did when we covered the material. But then, that's what all students say when they fail a test. At least I have the comfort of knowing that most of the sophmore class is in the same boat.
In other news, I have a circuits design problem due on Friday. I think I have it solved, just need to check the calculations and write up the paper work. We're supposed to design a circuit that will produce between 3 and 12 volts across two terminals. The voltage is selected by turning a dial. The voltage sources that we are to use are 1.5 V ideal batteries. When a 100 ohm resistor is placed across the terminals the terminal voltage is not supposed to drop more than 5%. Once you get the hang of it it is actually quite simple. I really like my solution, [but in retrospect I have decided that it is better not to have talked about it. Consequently I have edited the post.] It's actually quite beautiful. At least to me. My circuit. My Precious.
Then you have to cook up some paperwork, talk about tolerances, capaceties for the various components, how you arrived at your chosen design, stuff like that . Anyway, that's the big project for tonight. And Mini Tab. Forgot about that. It's a Statistics assignment.
Well, homework calls. Be seeing you.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... » »